Highland Fashionista! (Also, go and visit her excellent blog right after you finish reading this post!)
So, for the Sunshine Award one must
acknowledge the nominating blogger, share eleven random facts
about oneself and nominate another eleven bloggers, who may
(or may not) wish to carry the torch. If you're nominated by me and don't feel like carrying on this round robin thing, that's just fine.
1. I'm a mezzo-soprano who has sung things ranging from opera and leider to jazz and rock.
2. I don't speak any languages other than English but I'm willing to give it a go with a phrase book when travelling.
3. A good haka in the right circumstances makes me tearful. I once saw a spontaneous haka at a wedding - very cool.
4. I don't like cooking - I generally can't be bothered with the fiddling about and waiting.
5. I'm a water baby who loves baths and swimming (but only in warm water these days) and being on boats.
6. I'm excited to have a new nephew.
7. My favourite animal is the tapir (though it's a close-run thing as I love lots of animals).
8. I sit on my couch far too much. I've just joined the gym (again) - here's hoping I actually get around to using it this time!
9. I don't read nearly as much as I used to but when I do read, I get through about 100 pages of a novel an hour (and no, it's not skimming or speed reading).
10. I love my mother-in-law and get on well with her.
11. I've tried and tried to learn to play the piano. I'll have another go at some point...
So... eleven bloggers who I admire:
Cherry Sue - doin' the do
Passage des perles
Not Dead Yet Style
Grasping for Objectivity
Beauty tips for Ministers
Bacon and Jack Russells
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor
Lady of Style
There, now you've got some bedtime reading!